Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Moon Dancing

I watched the full moon glide across the evening sky. It danced slowly from left to right before it hid behind the trees at dawn. The glowing orb had disappeared from view, but it's still there. I know it is.

Maybe that's what Joy is like. It's always there but sometimes it hides from our awareness just waiting for the right time to reappear.

With the moon, I would not have seen it if I did not open the blinds of my bedroom window before I went to sleep. Then as if my magic, it appeared from the clouds around midnight. It had rings of luminous haze surrounding it, magnifying it's glow.

So too with joy, maybe to feel it's magnificence, we only need to open the blinds of our eyes and look in the right direction. Yes, look in the right direction because even if it's right in front of us we won't see it if we're looking at the shadows of our life. And sometimes when we least expect it, just like magic, it appears.

But, like the moon, Joy is always there.

Today is the first day of the rest of my life, and I don't know about you, but I'm setting my sights for the moon. As they say, shoot for the moon, even if you miss, you might land in the stars.

Happy Journeys!
Maggie
http://www.happinessawaitsyou.info/

No comments:

Post a Comment