Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Day 1 - Today is a new day!

It's been 1 week since the earthquake in Japan. There may be as many as 10,000 killed, aftershocks continue and there is still the potential for a nuclear meltdown. And today I am starting and sharing a blog, my first ever, on of all topics JOY.

It is not that I am insensitive to world events, but maybe because of them that this blog is being created. As the back of my book cover states, "Happiness Awaits You! began with one woman's desire to bring more happiness into the world. She realized loss and other life changing events often cause us to lose sight of the people and things that bring us joy."

This is why I am creating this blog. In a way it is a continuation of our book, Happiness AwaitsYou!


Tomorrow I will be with Kylee, age 7, and Anthony, age 1. they are my grandchildren. I know that they, as all children have been, affected by this disaster. Parents watch the news. The news affects us. Our moods and feelings affect our children and grandchildren. What role model do I want to be for them? Will it help them if I am depressed about the lives lost, or the threat of a nuclear meltdown? Can I explain with compassion to a 7 year old what has happened?

Can I focus on the beauty and joy that surrounds me now? Can I appreciate even more how precious life is? Will I laugh and giggle with little Anthony and teach him a new words, like "flower, butterfly, pretty, birds"?

Happiness is a choice. And in this moment, this precious moment, I am choosing to appreciate life and be joyful now.

With Peace and Love from my heart of hearts,
 Maggie

1 comment:

  1. Maggie: So glad to see you starting this blog, and on this subject. You are a wonderful writer and I'm certain your words will bless many. Thank you for doing this. Neva

    ReplyDelete